The Hemming Group employs 105 staff located in Central London, Sevenoaks, Bristol and in Dorset.
Our publishing business dates back to the late 19th century and currently includes 30 business-to-business magazines, web sites and trade directories serving a diverse range of industries including international firefighting and prevention, bridge construction and maintenance, UK local government, building services and retail.
We have more than 50 years’ experience of organising trade fairs, conferences and events and manage the sales, marketing and logistics of more than 25 trade shows and conferences. Our current programme of events range from the London Wine Fair at Olympia (gross space 17,000 sqm), Traffex (gross space 25,000 sqm) held at the NEC with international exhibitors and visitors from more than 30 countries, to more specialist exhibitions and conferences for civil engineering, home improvements, local government, plumbing, policing and public services.
We have considerable experience of working with trade associations in the organisation of their exhibitions and conferences. In recent years we have been awarded contracts to manage:
- National Children & Adult Services Exhibition on behalf of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services and Local Government Association
- APCC - NPCC - Police & Justice Conference and Exhibition on behalf of the Association of Police & Crime Commissioners and National Police Chiefs’ Council
- Local Government Exhibition on behalf of the Local Government Association
- Parkex International on behalf of the British Parking Association
- Intelligent Transport Systems Congress & Exhibition on behalf of ERTICO – ITS Europe
These events can require our full involvement in the development of the marketing strategy; exhibition space selling; obtaining sponsorship; exhibition logistics; design of promotional print; co-operation on conference planning and conference logistics; visitor and delegate promotion campaign; registration services; website design and development; arrangements of social programmes for delegates.
Hemming Group’s mission is to be a profitable, independent business, offering a creative environment where talent grows and prospers in order to deliver quality for clients.
1. Ethical – we are a decent and honorable company to work for and do business with and we understand the importance of supporting mutual growth.
2. Sustainable – we strive to achieve the triple bottom line of People Profit Planet and our ability to balance the needs of all three
3. Innovative – we value and nurture creativity; investing in it to create innovative, ground breaking solutions for our customers and markets
4. Collaborative – We respect each other’s workloads and time scales and understand the importance of working together to meet common goals.
5. Strategic – we have a clear idea of where we want to be in five years and a road map of how we intend to get there
Expanding our sector portfolios
Monetising our quality content
Improve staff productivity
Extending into new markets
The Hemming Group is always interested in hearing from talented, creative individuals looking to work with us. If you want to work in events, publishing or digital, please get in touch. We are always interested to hear from anyone who thinks that they can bring something to the organisation.
As positions within the company become available, they will be posted here. Alternatively, if you would like to send us your details and tell us why you think you would be a good company fit, please email your details to our HR department.
Hemming Group is a family company. We encourage a healthy work/life balance in our staff. The company offers its employees competitive salaries a generous holiday allowance and comprehensive benefits including; private medical insurance, contributory pension, and an interest-free season ticket loan. We are an equal opportunity employee and our staff are central to our business.
The strength of the Hemming Group stems from its close working relationships with customers.
If your organisation is seeking an innovative, cost effective solution to client engagement, please get in touch.
Key Hemming Group clients include:
Our trade partners include:
Hemming Group, Brintex Events and Hemming Media are members of the following professional trade bodies: